This role will be a permanent position based in Rockhampton, however, candidates may also be located in Brisbane by negotiation. A minimum of 38hrs a week will be required, including up to 12 hour days for field works. The role offers competitive remuneration commensurate with experience.
If you meet the below criteria and are looking to secure a diverse and engaging role please apply today!
The main functions of this role are:
- archaeological surveys;
- archaeological excavations;
- historic heritage significance assessments;
- community consultation and client liaison;
- report writing and research;
- cultural heritage management plans;
- submit invoicing timesheets and expenses to administration staff on a timely basis throughout the month;
- prepare tenders and quotes for new jobs as directed by the Business Manager;
- manage job responsibilities of archaeologists;
- adhere to the Quality Management System requirements; and
- policy advice (limited).
- A degree in archaeology.
- A demonstrated ability to undertake independent archaeological fieldwork, including experience in surveys and excavations for Aboriginal cultural heritage.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills and a demonstrated ability to adhere to strict deadlines even when under considerable pressure.
- A high level of initiative and independence.
- Demonstrated ability to use word processor, spreadsheet, GIS and design software.
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically and creatively to solve problems.
- Demonstrated commitment to the continuous improvement of policy, systems and procedures.
- Demonstrated understanding of the importance of confidentiality of issues, including a necessary appreciation of identifying Indigenous political concerns and the necessity to remain impartial.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective member of a team.
A team environment that will allow you room to grow and develop new skills. The client is a great company that will have permanent roles for great workers who want to impress.
How to Apply
Click APPLY to send your resume and cover letter in. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.